Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for leading the initial design, establishment, scale-up and ultimately daily operational management and control of Green Bioactives’ large scale plant cell culture based biomanufacturing facility.
Roles and responsibilities
You will have a dynamic, exciting and challenging role, your duties and responsibilities will include;
- The design, procurement, establishment, management and control of the company’s large scale plant cell culture-based biomanufacturing facility and operations
- Scaling and implementing the associated downstream process for purification of new natural products derived from large scale plant cell cultures
- Managing the upscaling of production to ensure all operational activities meet company, client and regulatory requirements
- P & L and budgetary control for all bio-manufacturing / bioprocessing activities and ensuring all organisational targets in relation to quality, cost and delivery are achieved
- Supplier sourcing, assessment, selection and on-going relationship management
- Recruitment, mentoring and development of high performing teams within scientific biomanufacturing, engineering and associated disciplines
- Ensuring all production activities comply with organisational SOPs and meet relevant industry QC/QA standards, Data Integrity and Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Leading and managing continuous improvement initiatives and activities across all areas of production
- Participating in company fundraising efforts by providing forecasts and operation cost estimates as needed.
As a senior professional (ideally degree qualified in a relevant field), your expertise in biochemical engineering, bioprocess engineering, or related fields will be instrumental. You'll not only possess a proven track record in managing complex biomanufacturing facilities but will also showcase leadership in developing high-paced manufacturing environments. Your proficiency in downstream processes, including purification, filtration, and analysis of biological compounds, will set you apart. The ability to navigate scale-up challenges, from lab bench to >10,000 liters in bioreactor/fermentor systems, is a distinct advantage.
As an energetic and highly professional “self-starter,” you will have an inherent ability to rapidly adapt to meet the demands of working within a dynamic multi-functional team. Being a natural leader, you'll not only recruit and mentor high-performing teams but also contribute to company strategy and growth by providing accurate forecasts and operation cost estimates. Your commercial acumen and operational managerial skills will be key in successfully developing and manufacturing bio-products.
In return, this role offers more than a job—it's an opportunity to shape the future of dynamic bio-processing operations and contribute to solving global plant sustainability and yield challenges. Green Bioactives values your expertise, offering an industry-leading remuneration package and the chance to play a pivotal role within a dynamic team committed to developing unique, highly innovative products. Join us in this exciting journey of innovation and sustainability!