Green Bioactives Limited Green Bioactives Ltd (company number: SC618904) registered address: Douglas House, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, EH26 0PL, is the data controller.
Collection and use of personal information:
Personal information can be defined as any information that may be used directly or indirectly (when combined with other information) to identify you, such as: your name, title, phone number, email address and mailing address. In general, you can visit our website without giving us any personal information.
What type of information do we collect?
Once we have established contact, we will ask you for your information, such as:
- Your name.
- Job title.
- Company name.
- Phone number.
- Email address.
- Postal address.
- Your CV when submitting a job application or interest in future job opportunities.
How do we collect your information?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. This includes:
- When you visit our website.
- When you contact us via our website.
- When you download product information and white papers from our website.
- When you correspond with us via email, phone, text message, or otherwise.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you meet us at a trade event.
- When you register an interest in future job opportunities by submitting your CV.
Why do we collect such personal information?
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To provide and operate our services.
- To provide customer assistance and technical support.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
What is our lawful basis for collecting personal information?
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information:
Any third party working on behalf of Green Bioactives Ltd who may have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and to use it for no other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Green Bioactives Ltd.
Green Bioactives Ltd will only retain personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Provide a great experience for your visitors and customers.
- Identify your registered members (users who registered to your site).
- Monitor and analyse the performance, operation, and effectiveness of our website.
- Ensure our platform is secure and safe to use.
In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our website uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These cookies are used to improve your experience on our website. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. Cookies are stored for 180 days and are automatically removed unless they are adjusted by the user prior to this. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytical – These cookies enable us and third-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the website. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience on the website.
How to manage cookies:
You can set your browser to restrict or block cookies.
Privacy policies of other websites:
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
How to contact us:
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us:
Green Bioactives Ltd,
Pentlands Science Park